Any time you visit a city, it is nearly impossible to see everything that the city has to offer. I definitely did not get to see everything I wanted/hoped to see while in London and fully intend to return to this city in the future.
Below is my top ten places I still want to visit on my next trip to London.
- Tour Buckingham Palace: Although I was outside and was able to see the changing of the guards, my sister, neighbor, and I did not go inside to take a tour. I have always wanted to take a tour and see all of the history that Buckingham has to offer; I’m a total history nerd!
2. Tour Kensington Palace and the gardens: When we were in London, Princess Charlotte was getting baptized. I was so excited because I thought they would do it in London but she was baptized at the Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
3. Visit Harrods: As a person who loves to shop, it’s pretty crazy that we did not stop here! But there was simply no time and my sister and neighbor had zero interest in stopping in. This will definitely be one of my first stops upon my return to London.
4. The British Museum: Being a history nerd I love to go to museums. I love seeing exhibits on anything from the ancient cultures, especially Egypt, Rome, and Greece. The British Museum has an amazing collection from ancient Egypt and I am just itching to see it!
5. Notting Hill: Notting Hill is supposed to be a beautiful neighborhood to walk around. There are flowers everywhere and the houses are painted in various colors. And the shops! I heard they have the cutest shops.
6. Portobello Road & Market: Every time I hear Portobello Road I immediately think of the Disney movie Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Anyone? We went to Portobello Road when we were in London but everything was closed! We got there on Monday at 5 pm and we couldn’t figure it out! I also want to be there for the market! You can always find amazing things at markets just trying to get everything home is the tricky part!
7. Tour Parliament: It’s always interesting to see other countries’ government houses. And the history! I know, I know. I keep going on about the history but it’s true. England has such old history and I love to learn about it.
8. Windsor Castle: Of course another castle is on the list! Imagine pulling up in a car to as a royal visitor to this castle?!
9. Walk Across/Climb Tower Bridge: I was able to see Tower Bridge from our boat when we were going to Greenwich but we did not have time to climb the tower or walk across unfortunately. It had started to drizzle and get colder as we were coming back. The bridge also closes at either 5 pm or 6 pm and we were not going to be getting back in time. Oh well, just add it to my list! I’m not complaining!
10. Victoria and Albert Museum: Of course another museum would be on my list! The museum is dedicated to the decorative arts and design. There have been many fashion exhibitions here that I have wanted to see. There is always an interesting exhibit that is on display, like any museum, so naturally this is a museum I want to check, especially since there have been many regarding fashion!
I hope my top ten list helps anyone who is planning on traveling to London in the future. If anyone has other suggestions on places to see or things to do, I would love to hear them!
Thanks for stopping by!